Popular Posts

Monday, November 15, 2010

Welcome to L33t Games!

It's time to take the plunge and do what I love.  And what do I love?  Games!  Video games, board games, card games, you name it.  I cannot claim to hold any degree in game design--yet--but I am a game enthusiast, and an amateur student of game theory.

The purpose of this blog will be to study games--what makes them good, what makes them fail; why some of them sell well, while others fall flat.  There will be game reviews and maybe even a few rants about the game industry (I'm looking at you, Blizzard). 

This will all be skewed, of course, by my own biases.  That means that I may bash on some games that you love, while touting games that you cannot stand.  I preemptively apologize.

To help you understand what sort of blogger I intend to be, I thought I'd demonstrate what sort of gamer I am.  For starters, I have been a Magic: The Gathering enthusiast for years.  I have dabbled with various role playing games, but have struggled to find both a gaming group and a world in which I really want to play.  I am a fan of Dominion, Carcassonne, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.  I have been talking myself out of starting a Warhammer 40K army for about a year, now. 

On the video games side, I prefer action/adventure type games with interesting stories, characters, or settings.  I own a Playstation 3 and a really lousy computer, so my previewing of current video games will be extremely limited.  I tend to like games that have a clear and satisfying end, which is why I rarely play online or multiplayer games, although the occasional Halo frag fest can be fun.  Shadow of the Colossus is my all-time favorite game.  Silent Hill 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time are some of my favorite games.  I have recently enjoyed the God of War series and inFamous.

It behooves me to explain that I am married, and that my wife and I are working our way through college.  We both enjoy playing games together, and we try to meet up with our friends regularly for a good gaming session.

This has been my first official L33t Games blog.  Until next time, don't forget to floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment